Wenceslas Square and 28. října Street are located in the very heart of old Prague and - together with the Old Town Square - make up one of the glorious historic complexes. It is exactly the place where an old Prague burger family opened a famous shop selling original Bohemian glass in a building whose origin dates back to the first half of the 14th century.
The four-storey house know as "The Golden Beehive" that - following a complete overhaul - now houses a luxury hotel, is the oldest building in Wenceslas Square; it originated approximately in the second half of the 14th century. The house itself has been adorned ever since the 15th century with frescoes by famous Czech painters, and it offers unbelievable views of the spires and roofs of the historic core of the city. The other building making up the hotel dates back to 1458. At the end of the 1840s, it was reconstructed and joined together with the front building into a single wing in which one can now find a contemporary and an extremely cosy hotel.